It's time to get festive with some spooky ghost brownies. These are very simple to make and add a nice spooky flare to your Halloween party.
The brownies are made using agave and barley flour. The barley flour adds a nice nutty flavor, perfect for the season. Don't forget that whole wheat flour is not the only whole grain flour out there. There are so many more that lend different flavors and textures to your baked goods. So don't be afraid to experiment with barley, oat, rye, quinoa, and spelt, among many others.
Spooky Ghost Brownies
- 1 cup agave*
- 1/2 cup oil*
- 2 eggs
- 6 T cocoa powder*
- 1 tsp vanilla*
- 3/4 cup barley flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder*
- white chocolate*
- mini chocolate chips*
- regular size chocolate chips*
*These ingredients can be found in our store.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8x8 square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix agave, oil, eggs, cocoa,and vanilla together until blended. Sir in barley flour and baking powder.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
- Place a marshmallow on top of each brownie square.
- With a spoon, pour white chocolate on top of each marshmallow and allow to drip down the sides, covering the marshmallow.
- When the chocolate is mostly set, but still soft to the touch, stick two mini chocolate chips and one regular size chocolate chips on to form a ghost face.
Brownie recipe from Attracting Wellness.