Last year for St. Patrick's Day we made Irish Cream Brownies. This year we're making an Irish Cream Pie.
To make this delicious pie, we've used an Irish cream flavoring syrup instead of regular Irish cream. These syrups come in a huge variety of flavors and are typically used for flavoring coffee, Italian sodas, and hot chocolate.
The crust not like anything you've had before. It's a chocolate crust, but instead of being made from Oreos, it's made of flour, sugar, butter, and cocoa powder. It's basically a chocolate shortbread and lends the most flaky and tender crust.
And the filling itself is so smooth, being made of marshmallows and whipped cream. The only thing this pie needs is a glass of milk.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar*
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans* or walnuts*
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Irish cream flavoring syrup*
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 oz chocolate*, chopped into small pieces
*These ingredients can be found in our store.