I've challenged myself to not turn on the oven until things cool down a bit. So last week, this week, and however many more weeks it takes to cool down, I'm going to be posting no-bake stuff. This week it's a no-bake eclair cake.
Honestly, I can say that I knew this would be good, but I didn't know JUST how good. I had to describe it as "heaven on a plate" because I didn't know what else to say about it. It's so yummy. I'm pretty sure it's the Bavarian Creme pastry filling that we sell in our store and on our website that makes the difference. It's not just vanilla pudding like most of the recipes out there call for.
It only takes about 15 minutes to throw together. (And then of course some refrigeration time.) This would make a perfect potluck item that everybody will rave about.
No-Bake Eclair Cake
1 14-oz box graham crackers
1 pkg Bavarian Creme pastry filling
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
For the Icing
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 T butter, softened
3 T milk
3 T cocoa powder
- Whip cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in entire package of Bavarian Creme pastry filling.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, lay down one layer of graham crackers. Carefully spread Bavarian Creme mixture over graham crackers. Lay down another layer of graham crackers and cover again with Bavarian Creme mixture.
- Lay down a final layer of graham crackers.
- Mix together all icing ingredients until well combined. Carefully spread over the final layer of graham crackers.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.